Safety MITS specialises in innovative products and maintenance equipment for the aerospace, construction, agriculture, heavy industry, engineering, service, health, mining and earth-moving industries.
From humble beginnings in a shed located in Newcastle Australia, Safety MITS has taken off since its launch in 2010 and now services major earthmoving and mining companies, aerospace, construction, rail and health service providers in Australia and Internationally.
In 2016 we started developing the United States, South Africa, South America and Asia markets.
Drawing on an experienced background in maintenance and coal industries, the Safety MITS team brought to the market the world’s first and only remote controlled belly plate jack, TED. Now we are considered to be the leader in exoskeletal technologies in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
Having worked in a range of maintenance tasks in the industry, the Safety MITS team created their business around a culture of eliminating risks and reducing injuries and fatalities by providing innovative safe technologies.
All of Safety MITS’ products have been developed in compliance with Australian and New Zealand industry standards, which are some of the strictest in the world.
Safety MITS also provides aluminium work platforms and high density plastic cribbing and blocking blocks, plus other bespoke engineered products for industry.
- Mining Industrial Trade Supplies Pty Ltd (trading as Safety MITS) was launched in 2010 after many years of working in the coal industry. From this experience the team were brimming with innovative ideas to increase productivity and workshop safety. Our first product in the range was the Tracked Elevated Device (TED).
- Relocated to new manufacturing facility located at Steel River Newcastle.
- Released our Safety MITS / Zero G range of zero gravity tool balancing systems.
- Released the MITS range of work platforms and gantries. This range is completely designed, engineered and fabricated in the local Newcastle region.
Expanded our range to include load rated HDPE jacking and cribbing blocks.
- Opened a second warehousing and distribution centre in Seven Hills NSW.
- Expanded into the USA, New Zealand and Asia markets.
- Relocated the Newcastle Operation to a new larger facility in Mayfield West NSW.
- Appointed SPX Flow Technology's authorised Power Team, Stone and Globe brands sales and technical support provider for Australia and New Zealand.
- Appointed Tuff Industries authorised distribution partner for the Tuff range of heavy Earthmoving wheel maintenance tools and systems.
- Introduction of Australian Made BLOX Safety Supports.
- Expanded into the South Asian and West African markets.
- Appointed National Distributor of Zero G Tool Arm.